Freelance Teachers in the field of German as a Foreign Language
The Goethe-Jinchuang Language Learning Centre is a collaborative initiative between the Goethe Institut and the Shanghai Jing’an Cultural College of Technology. We offer language courses and exams from the Goethe Institut in Shanghai. This Goethe-Language Centre also functions as the regional training centre for our German teachers.
If you are interested in working as a freelance teacher, you should fit the following candidate profile:
1. Studied “German as a Foreign Language (DaF)” or distance learning “Methodology and Didactics of German Teaching” at the Goethe-Institut.
2. Have group lesson teaching experience with German as a foreign language, and if possible, at different levels.
3. If there you have no prior experience in teaching at a Goethe-Institut: Have an eagerness to train in the teaching methodology used at Goethe-Instituts.
4. Have good knowledge of German (at least a level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
5. Not necessary, but desirable: Have previously stayed for extended period in Germany.
6. Have strong teamwork skills.
7. Have scheduling flexibility (also the willingness to possibly work as part of company courses in the neighbouring cities of Shanghai, eg. in Wuxi, Suzhou, Hangzhou). It is necessary that you can be available on weekends and/or on some evenings.
1. A rewarding and stimulating working environment.
2. Attractive remuneration.
3. Free participation at the numerous teacher training courses provided by the Goethe-Institut.
4. Possibility of applying for a scholarship to attend seminars at the Goethe-Intitut in Germany.
Unfortunately, at the moment, we are only considering applicants who can introduce themselves to us personally in Shanghai. This is because our selection process includes a face-to-face interview and if necessary, a lesson observation. There should also be a willingness to attend courses in advance or go through a qualification phase depending on previous career experience.